Partesan Journal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Partesan Journal on your social bookmarking website
Latest topics
In The News

jamesticard
Admin
https://partesanjournal.forumotion.com
The United States Supreme Court is the highest judicial office in the nation. Its primary purpose is to check the other two branches of Government to insure constitutional observance but over many decades the court has become a partisan institution catering to both political parties.

It is this reality that scares me the most about Judge Brett Kavanaugh. Before the Christine Ford allegations of sexual assault arose, I opposed Mr. Kavanaugh for the following reasons.

(1) Judge Kavanaugh is a supporter of Citizens United which concluded that Corporations are human-beings and they should be allowed to invest untold amounts of money into political campaigns. I am an economics major and one of the first things I learned in college was Corporations are business entities and not legally, financially or ethically considered human-beings because Corporations do not breath, think, live or die. For example, I could incorporate my name, open a bank account in my name and set a certain percentage of the money to go to the Republican National Committee after I am gone

(2) In the late 1990s Kavanaugh participated in the investigation into President Bill Clinton. In 2009, he said these words “The nation certainly would have been better off if President Clinton could have focused on Osama bin Laden without being distracted by the Paula Jones sexual harassment case and its criminal investigation offshoots.”

He further stated that he believes sitting presidents should be excused from some of the burdens ordinary citizens have.

These statements show an autocracy mindset, in other words, he is saying the President is above the law. This opinion is both dumb and dangerous.

It is dumb because the twenty-fifth amendment of the U.S. Constitution allows the President to transfer his  powers to the Vice President and/or the Speaker of the House if he can not fulfill the duty of the oval office.

It is dangerous because a sitting President like Donald Trump would use his new “get out of jail free card” to break ever law possible and when out of office, he would leave the country to avoid prosecution or simply have Mr. Kavanaugh and the other Republican judges overrule other laws to protect him before his term ends.

(3) Before Mr. Kavanaugh  testified, I read a tweet from a pro-kavanaugh republican who said this, “Now Watch, Kavanaugh is a Judge and will be poised and will have the facts.” When Kavanaugh began his opening statement he was clearly angry (perhaps justified if he and his family were threatened) but he began to rant about Bill and Hillary Clinton and accusing the Democrats of running a smear campaign. This bothered me because a judge at any level of the system should not be partisan nor spouting Fox News talking points. This leads me to believe, he will be a partisan vengeful Judge.

Should Judge Brett Kavanaugh be confirmed to the Supreme Court to reside over our nation’s most important issues? NO! Because of what I said above and NO! Because the message of his hearing and the chauvinistic attitude from many Republican Senators  has already furthered the division expanding across our nation and if confirmed, the divide will continue to grow.

Join Us on Twitter www.twitter.com/PartesanJournal
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

No Comment.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum